Friday, September 30, 2011

General Relief Society Broadcast

I absolutely love this time of year! The leaves turning, the mornings getting chillier, the smells of fall in the air! With this time of year comes the General Relief Society Broadcast and General Conference.
Again this year we were able to get tickets from Aunt Marsha to go to the Relief Society Broadcast. I wish I could adequately describe my feelings when women of the church get together, especially the women in my family. It always brings me so much joy to be around my mother, sisters, aunts, cousins, and friends (It was so great that Tiffany was able to go with us this year, it was great to be together. It was also great to see Keitra and her mom, and Renae and the hispanic women in their ward) When we get together I am surrounded by love, the love of my family and of the Savior. We are women who are trying to do our best, who want to be taught, trying to understand how to be better and do better.

So as we walk the streets around and on temple square, I see all of these women with the exact same goal and purpose. I see these women from all over the world and I feel a connection and love for each one of them even though I may not know them. I pray that I can keep that feeling and expand that to the sisters in my ward.
Everything that was said in that conference was amazing! They talked on the book that was distributed to the women about the history of Relief Society. I have read a little bit of that book and it was amazing. I feel so weak compared to the sisters back then. They were incredible, their faith and sacrifices were incredible. I definintely have a lot to work on. :) The talk that got to me the most and probably to most of the women there was President Uchtdorf's. I loved the five points or "petals" of the Forget Me Not. I seriously want to put these on a board or something decorative to put on my wall in my home. I am going to share them now from my notes. They are not word for word :)
1- Forget Not to Be patient with yourself
2- Forget Not the difference between a good sacrifice and not as good sacrifice
3- Forget Not to be happy NOW
4- Forget Not the "why" of the gospel
5- Forget Not that the Lord loves YOU

Anyway, these are my thoughts, I wish I could do better and explaining. Oh well hope you enjoy! :)


Beautiful Women!

Sure love these girls!

I love my sister!

1 comment:

The Trees said...

I love this inspiring post and truly identify with your feelings. I loved the talks and think I'll copy your idea of putting Pres. Utchdorf's forget-me-not points on something and hang it up. I love you and miss you. These pictures make me homesick :)