Thursday, October 13, 2011

Ride Up Nine Mile

Stetson has been working out in Nine Mile a lot, and he has always told me how beautiful it is out there. There was road construction going on up there when they were working and they closed the roads before they could come back the way they usually came. So Stetson and his crew had to come back a different way through East Carbon and Price. He told me if we ever had the chance to take a four-wheel drive truck, he would take me up there.
So Conference weekend we went to Price to spend General Conference with family. After the sunday afternoon session, Nanette and Bud let Stetson, Deidra, and I take their truck for a little ride.
I now understand why Stetson would only take a four-wheel drive truck. The roads were narrow, steep, and windy, but it was so worth it. The scenery was amazing with all the trees changing colors. It brought me back to the sunday rides we would take in Colorado.
Here are the pictures I took with my phone. I brought my camera, but it turns out my phone took better pictures than my camera...gotta love advanced technology. :)
We saw a small heard of big horned sheep

We got up to around 10,000 feet in elevation






No comments: