Sunday, October 16, 2011

Dinosaur National Monument

So I never really knew how popular the Vernal and surrounding areas were for dinosaurs. But there are many museums and monuments to go visit.
The Dinosaur National Monument has just recently re-opened after 5 years for some structural repairs. We decided it would be fun to go see, and not to mention it was free.
I hadn't heard much about this place, and didn't know what to expect. So we took the shuttle up to this building, which I thought was weird. I guess I was expecting to go to a spot outdoors where they were just laying there in the ground. I obviously don't know much about these things. I didn't know that inside the building was a wall of bones stuck in the side of a cliff. It was pretty amazing to see all the bones.
It was a fun little get away, and the scenery was beautiful as well despite the cold and the clouds.
An artist rendering of the new exhibit hall
This building houses 1,500 dinosaur bones in a cliff




 





The rock formations around the monument were awesome.

Cloudy and cold, the day before it snowed!

No comments: